Business Analysts gather facts (through primary and secondary research, structure and unstructured interviews, surveys, etc.) in support of specific projects. They are responsible for the design, analysis (customer, financial, operational) and presentation of data. They are expected to create original work products with minimal supervision.
Business Analysts apply knowledge of consulting methodologies, key technologies, and engagement support tools and demonstrate strong knowledge of their competency area and/or industry.
Business Analyst Job Responsibilities:
• Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
• Creates original work products with minimal supervision utilizing strong insurance industry knowledge.
• Designs new computer software by analyzing requirements; constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications and business designs.
• Improves systems by studying current practices; designing modifications.
• Work closely with senior technical, project, and account management areas on solution designs.
• Advanced ability to negotiate and resolve occasional business conflicts and address organizational challenges and evolving accountability.
• Creates test plans including detailed expected results.
• Recommend controls by identifying problems; writing improved procedures, assisting with system documentation, and reviewing training materials.
• Excellent presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills