The Data and Process Analyst will be responsible for driving increased efficiency and accuracy within the payroll department. During payroll processing, you will be responsible for performing multiple data validation tests and reporting the results to the payroll lead. Additionally, you will act as a liaison for the payroll department by working with other areas of the business during projects that impact payroll functions. Overall, your duties will involve analyzing data, solving business problems, and reporting to management in regards to the performance of each processing unit and also the overall conditions of the department. International reporting duties.
Duties and responsibilities
- Run variance reports and metrics to gauge the overall productivity and quality of various payroll functions
- Manage the ticketing system by driving SLA requirements, focusing on customer oriented practices, and communicating payroll requirements to business partners
- Analyze and validate import and export data to test the accuracy of systems integration (Fusion, TLM, Vantage, Wells, etc.)
- Drive team performance by analyzing, identifying, and advising on any processes that may be modified to create a more efficient workflow.
- Run reports on periodic basis and analyze results to identify the causes for any data anomalies or cost leakages.
- Act as a liaison between North America payroll, International Payroll and other departments during multi departmental projects to drive payroll business requirements
- Analyze incoming data during payroll processing to identify and prevent overpayments, underpayments, duplication of records, and other discrepancies
Job Skills and Requirements
- Leadership Skills: Be capable of keeping others motivated, resolve conflicts, and make decisions for your team members.
- Communication Skills: Must be able to communicate ideas in a professional manner and actively contribute during internal and external department meetings.
- Time Management: Complete assigned tasks under tight deadlines by managing and prioritizing tasks accordingly. Self-motivated.
- Analytical Skills: Possess analytical skills to be able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. You will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect department performance.
- Understanding of payroll operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, economics, accounting, finance or computer science or equivalent experience.