Req #: CNX00044770
Job Category: Business Partner & Employee Relations
Human Resources Consultant position performs a variety of Human Resources functions in a single business site by providing Employment Relations services, participating in the recruiting process and in the communication of compensation and benefit programs as requested. Acts as contact point for site personnel and other HR specialist functions.
- Maintains electronic and personnel files and records for the site location and update as required
- Consults / advises on employment legislation and human rights issue
- Prepares and presents offers of employment and conducts orientation as required
- Provides general HR consultative services for employees and management at site location; ensures sound and legal HR practices and procedures are met
- Conducts outplacement interviews and prepares necessary documentation
- Facilitates / participates in outplacement meetings with managers and conducts exit interviews
- Provides administrative support and information on corporate policies and procedures and benefit programs
- Assists in: job description, performance appraisal and salary administration programs
- Responsible for site Health and Safety by participating as active member of the site Health and Safety committee
- Assists the site location Social Club as required
- Attends the Supervisor operation meetings to provide support and act on HR related issues as required
- Provides feedback to HR Manager on any required updates/changes that may be required on operating principles, policies, etc.
- Acts as main point of contact for all employees and management at site location for human resources related forms, materials, etc.
- Monitors and reviews personnel situations and escalates to Manager, Human Resources for resolution as required.
- Attends and participates at Partnership Council meetings under the direction of the Manager, Human Resources.
- May monitor and administrate referral bonus and service award administration and execution.
- Knowledge of MOL (Ministry of labor) policies is an asset.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience in Human Resources Department. Experience working in a call center environment preferred
- Successful track record staffing large projects in a fast pace environment
- HR Generalist skills, including employee relations and employment law, compensation, performance management and recruitment experience
- Proven coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; presentation and platform skills preferred