Customer Service Representative
Reporting to a Team Leader or Team Manager, the Customer Service Representative “CSR” responds to inbound calls, email and white mail communications received from dealerships, regions, clients and other external contacts regarding claims review and processing.
Working with the Sr. Customer Service Representative, this position is responsible for successfully resolving case escalations, client requests, and report deliver, managing multiple deliverables at one time. Proactively, the CSR works closely with other internal departments to ensure program success.
This role requires schedule flexibility.
- Responds to customer concerns via email and phone using professionalism, problem solving skills and exemplary customer service.
- Accesses and updates secured or sensitive data in internal and external databases.
- Maintains professional relationships with customers and business partners (both internal and external)
- Processes, approves or denies claims in accordance with OEM program guidelines.
- Ensures Personally Identifiable Information (PII) secured at all times.
- Tracks the status of claim documentation received and processed.
- Provides information, data, and direction as required.
- Understands the program, process and client requirements; database understanding and on-line access
- Escalates issues, as required, to Team Leader or Team Manager.
- Completes follow-up on existing claims and closes claims.
- Able to navigate computer programs through multiple screens.
- Understands and applies policies and procedures associated within the department.
- May perform some outbound follow up, as required.
- Reads and researches relevant materials and resources to stay current with program knowledge
- Completes detailed report proofing in a timely manner.
- Additional duties as assigned by Management.
- Performs general administrative duties of the department.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- High School graduation or equivalent required. Some College preferred.
- Must be proficient in basic computer and windows-based applications including web navigation.
Experience / Skill:
- Minimum 2 Years of experience in customer relations.
- Experience working with Automotive/Dealerships is an asset.
- General data entry and ability to use the following software packages: Microsoft Internet Explorer, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to review and trouble shoot data, reporting and incentive claim processing and payment history.
- Must be flexible, detail oriented, organized, able to multi-task, analyze data and dealer concerns and possesses strong customer service and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Problem-solving skills, detail oriented with an ability to work independently and under pressure. Must be a self-starter able to prioritize tasks, to meet deadlines and production schedules.