As a key member of the Global Database Administration Group, the Database Administrator will be responsible for managing High Availability Database Servers located at multiple Concentrix Data Centers. This includes supporting, maintaining and planning for multiple database servers and databases for optimal performance and usage.
Oversees the stability, performance and management of the Database Server Environments used for Operations, Enterprise Data Warehousing and Reporting (including development/test)
Meets or exceeds defined internal and external SLA’s around environment uptime, for smooth running of all applications.
Collaborates with other teams within the CRM, BI, Dialer and other external vendors around deliverables and architecture.
Responsible for Infrastructure Changes on Database Servers
Proper reporting on performance of environments, time to resolution, work effort and other metrics.
Monitor and maintain security and performance needs of relational databases
Monitor long running transactions and have the ability to optimize query executions with index tuning and optimized procedure coding techniques
Install and maintain new versions and upgrades of databases
Write database documentation including data standards, procedures, and definitions for a data dictionary.
Create database and security standards for DB Server environments Control access permissions and privileges
Develop, manage, maintain and test backup and recovery plans
Do necessary Database Capacity Planning for multiple projects
Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- This job reports to the Manager – DBA
- Resources will be working on shifts and this job would also require working on shifts.
BTech, BE, MCA from reputed university
Oracle or SQL Server or DB2 UDB or MySQL or Sybase
SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL
- SDLC Processes
- Data Modeling
- IT systems, architectures, and nomenclature, IT application and data functions and capabilities
- Minimum 1 years managing multiple High Availability production Database Servers
- Experience in developing and maintaining relational structures including backup/recovery.
- Experience on High Availability Database Servers on Oracle RAC
- Good understanding on SAN Storage Architecture and RAID technology
- The ability to create database and security standards for Oracle DB environments
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Understanding of, and experience with, server-client computing and relational database environments
- Experience with data management and data processing flowcharting Techniques
- Experience working in geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups with strong team management, leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to present ideas in user-friendly language