Under general direction, participates as a high level technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
- Design, develop and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Interface with customer to obtain a full understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
- Provide project timeline estimates.
- Monitor actual deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates.
- Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
- Support both client and department programming standards.
- Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
- Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
- Process movement of jobs to production for both Internet and client/server applications and implementation of production scheduler.
- Ensure backup and recovery procedures are in place.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
- Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on personal assignments and with proven ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to learn, adapt new technologies
Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year University or College diploma in related field preferred. Equivalent experience and/or technical training may be considered.
Experience / Skill:
- Proficient in Web Site Design, solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
- 5+ years current Java programming, JEE (Java Enterprise Edition), JSP (Java Server Pages), Java Servlets, JSTL, EL
- Eclipse development language, Apache Ant build tool, Java Objects
- 5+ years current Oracle PL/SQL development experience.
- Solid experience with Oracle Object Design and implementation (Oracle Packages, Procedures, Triggers).
- Working knowledge of source code management tool and job scheduler.
- Strong business analysis skills with proven experience in proposing and developing solutions.
- Strong systems analysis experience.
- Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
- Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.
Experience with any of the following would be considered beneficial:
- Cold Fusion experience in creating web applications with connectivity to Oracle databases.
- SQL Server, Flex, Appworx, SQL, Microsoft DTS, and/or .Net.
- Business integrator modeling, Web Services and SOAP.
- Experience working in a client focused environment.