The Sales Specialist is the primary contact with dealership Managers within an assigned region/zone. They are responsible for expanding relationships with new and existing customers by directing and supporting collaborative sales efforts to grow their assigned book of business. Work with the OEM field, region and corporate headquarters to drive sales of Minacs programs.
· Build strong sales and consultative relationships with assigned dealer base through an in-depth program knowledge, a pleasant demeanor and a positive attitude.
· Focus heavily on and work to meet/exceed campaign objectives including but not limited to revenue targets, direct mail / e-mail counts and dealer usage
· Contact customers through, but not limited to, phone calls, email, fax and webinars to communicate opportunities to extend initiatives
· Meets assigned revenue goals in assigned area
· Educate and inform dealer base on current program offerings and services, encourage enrollment, offer consultation regarding current dealer product/service selections and assist dealers with achieving marketing goals.
· Educate and inform regions on current program offerings to promote regional campaigns
· Create, update and maintain marketing plans for individual dealers in order to minimize risk and maximize performance. Present Marketing plans, trends, and additional suggestions to client/dealers.
· Review changes to the marketplace and industry and assist dealer base in adjusting marketing plans.
· Maintain detailed documentation of dealer communications, including customer service opportunities and complaints, in the Contact Manager system.
· Edit and proof dealer communications.
· Maintain accurate dealer information, data, pricing, list maintenance, customer maintenance.
· Maintain calendars and timelines for assigned marketing initiatives.
· Promote customer acquisition, retention and response while improving brand awareness and return on investment for client.
· Assist in the creation and development of processes and procedures.
· Produce periodic reports and recommendations regarding performance status of dealer base.
· Implement quality control process for marketing materials, dealer selections and dealer originated copy.
· Assist in the resolution of data issues.
· Travel may be required.
· Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in Marketing/Communications or equivalent experience in marketing, customer service, and/or sales.
Experience / Skill:
Must be able to write reports and business correspondence and have the ability to effectively present the information to management or customers. Ability to perform effectively within a team environment is a must. Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects is essential. Must be able to work with all levels and backgrounds in a diverse workforce. Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience in an office environment required.
Desired skills include: Experience with Sales and Direct Marketing, experience creating/implementing marketing plans.
The Senior Sales Specialist reports to the Team Leader
Impact and Influence —The ability to persuade, convince, negotiate with, influence, and/or sell others, in order for them to support ideas/objectives or purchase items. The desire to have a specific impact, to gain acceptance of an idea, plan, activity or sell a service or product.
Communication (Verbal and/or Written)—Able to clearly present information through the spoken and/or written word, influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances, listens well, able to write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
Customer Focus (Internal and External)—Dedicated to meeting and strives to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality services. Acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect. Communicates with customers in a warm, helpful and professional manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
Job Knowledge—Knows, understands and appropriately applies the technical /soft skills, methods and processes required for the position. Able to learn, retain and apply information to the job. Keeps current with new and/or updated program information, trends and developments in field.
Teamwork—Able to work effectively with others to generate a positive, productive and informed work environment. Is united in the collective purpose.