Departmental accountability and shared leadership in providing accurate and timely payroll services to Concentrix employees and stakeholders in a fast-paced, corporate team environment
· Calculate corrections and exceptions to the payroll process, confirming authorization levels, and inputting them in the system for next cycle or on-demand checks.
· Provide basic services to employees such as entering preferences for voluntary deductions, direct deposits and tax withholdings, answering pay questions, and reprinting W-2 forms.
· Maintain an advanced understanding of Concentrix time and attendance system and the DOL, FLSA, and policy regulations that drive it.
· Interpret court orders to appropriately withhold child support payments and other garnishments. Research issues with courts and provide data as needed. Research and resolve interface issues with Accountable system for Concentrix garnishment program.
· Have a solid understanding of and execute the programs that transfer data through interfaces and make payroll calculations from time and attendance, gross and gross-to-net, payroll tax, general ledger. Understand the impact of actions to the general ledger and payroll taxes. Utilize all resources to resolve issues. Configure the system to update for new companies, new tax agencies and new regulations.
· Understand, design and use controls. Reconcile balances to guarantee accuracy. Identify and resolve the department's most complex issues. Perform monthly closes and quarterly closes. Accountable for the annual close. Accountable for accuracy of overall payroll related cash and other account balances.
· Compile and provide data via hard copy, disc, file or internet to requesters such as customers, senior Concentrix management, service providers, banks, lenders (verification of employment), courts, trustees, tax agencies, auditors.
· Maintain an advanced understanding of the tax regulations that drive withholdings, deposits, unemployment rates, and eligible income. Perform quarterly filings and participate in annual filings. Lead the generation and distribution of W-2 forms. Resolve issues with state and local agencies and the IRS. Make decisions to resolve multi-state/multi-national tax issues. Process taxes for expats and foreign nationals working in the US.
· Accountability, stewardship, and shared leadership of the department. Train others and enforce compliance. Represent Payroll on various team efforts.
· Lead audit support.
Requirements and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting is a plus, Business or related field preferred
· 5 or more years of progressive payroll experience with a mechanized payroll system in a high-volume environment
· Advanced multi-state/multi-national payroll, payroll tax, and payroll accounting skills and experience
· Full understanding of accounting controls and working knowledge of accounting principles
· Intermediate skill level with Word and advanced skill level with Excel
· Experience with payroll systems to include creating and using queries to provide data
· High degree of technical aptitude
· Strong skills with basic math and simple algebra to support analysis and problem solving
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience documenting processes for instructional and control purposes
· Ability to work intelligently with Payroll and other teams to aggressively meet deadlines in a fast-paced, team environment
· Demonstrated ability to work with autonomy and limited direction
· Ability to remain flexible, positive, and enthusiastic to changes and new assignments
· Additional work hours as required, including occasional weekends
· Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) preferred
· Experience with ADP and WorkDay payroll systems. Including interfaces.
· Experience with Fusion Oracle and ADP system preferred
· Payroll software implementation experience preferred
· Payroll experience in a large, multi-state business process outsource services environment preferred
· Supervisory experience is a plus