The Business Analyst works with internal and external clients to identify, document and interpret specific requirements of technical solutions and projects. This position also serves as the client and project team interface to manage expectations and client satisfaction. This role works with the internal development team to translate clients' needs into application functionality, creates technical specifications, and provides living documentation of processes and deliverables. This role will also create detailed queries and provide interpretative insight and recommendations to the Sales and Operations teams as well as clients, based on the research and analysis of this data.
- Works with internal and external clients to identify and document business requirements
- Interprets client requirements to provide the most effective and viable technical solution
- Understands long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet business objectives.
- Seeks out opportunities to leverage best practices and reusable objects to meet requirements in an efficient and effective manner.
- Works with clients to formulate functional specifications and works with the development team to translate those requirements into application functionality.
- Collects, documents, manages, understands and communicates business and technical requirements and goals to development team.
- Enhances the client and project team interface to manage expectations and client satisfaction.
- Assists the development team in translating the functional specification requirements into application architecture.
- Assists with the creation of the technical specifications and system documentation including: restart instructions, process documentation, flows, training material, etc.
- Develops project plan tasks with input from the development team, clients, etc. Communicate deliverable dates to all parties.
- Collaborates with quality assurance group to ensure complete test plans.
- Facilitates / participates in quality assurance testing as needed.
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year college or university required. An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
Experience / Skill:
- 3 to 5 years of relevant business experience required, preferably in an equivalent technical environment working with various web and backend development technologies like Java,.Net, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Familiar with basic primary research concepts including the following: sampling, data tabulation and analysis, significance testing and experimental designs (test and control groups)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical writing skills
- Must have strong customer service acumen with proven experience in gathering and validating requirements
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, Project, Power Point
- Knowledge of Relational Database concepts
- Knowledge of Internet/Intranet concepts
- Knowledge of structured testing techniques
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum development methodologies
The Business Analyst reports to the Manager, Product Development.
Adaptability – Is able and willing to adapt to changing priorities and responsibilities. Able to adjust personal style to changing environment. Maintains focus and intensity and remains calm, optimistic and persistent, even under adversity.
Communication (Verbal and/or Written) - Able to clearly present information through the spoken and/or written word, influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances, listens well, able to write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
Customer Focus (Internal and External) - Is dedicated to meeting and strives to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality services. Acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect. Communicates with customers in a warm, helpful and professional manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
Leadership - Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal accomplishment. Consistently develops and sustains cooperative working relationships. Encourages and facilitates cooperation within the organization and with customer groups; fosters commitment, team spirit, pride and trust. Skilled at building rapport.
Problem Solving - Systematically breaks apart complex problems and identifies the underlying causes. Identifies trends and sees causes and consequences. Generates a variety of alternative techniques or methods to resolve issues and/or solve problems.