Job Description: Accounting Manager – North America (Greenville, SC)
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and demonstrated knowledge of technical and operational accounting functions, strong background of US GAAP and other areas of General Accounting, including revenue recognition, preparation of financial statements, month-end close/reporting, and global consolidations. This is a single contributor role reporting directly to the North America Accounting Controller.
· Support North America Controller in managing all aspects of designated general accounting functions for Corporate reporting and compliance.
· Responsible for review, analysis & integrity of financial statements, reconciliations and month-end close/reporting process.
· Ensure proper treatment and compliance of all accounting transactions under US GAAP.
· Prepare financial statements flux variance analysis.
· Act as liaison for quarter-end reviews, and statutory/tax deliverables.
· Support filings and compliance for Sales and Use Tax
· Ensure and maintain compliance of internal controls (US – SOX Controls).
· Responsible for preparation of weekly and monthly cash forecasts and working capital needs for North America.
· Effectively partner with Finance Planning & Analysis, Shared Services, and other peer groups to provide support to North America Business Operations as needed.
· Ad-hoc projects as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
· Certified Public Accountant or equivalent with a Bachelor Degree in Accounting/Finance, plus a minimum 10 years related accounting and finance experience with increasing responsibilities in a multinational public company, ideally in a service industry.
· Public Accounting experience is required (3 – 5 years).
· In-depth knowledge of US GAAP with proven performance in auditing, SOX Framework design and/or compliance with strong accounting expertise working for public entities.
· Proven leadership skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Established, independent self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to navigate through complex organizational structures, systems and processes.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid background in tactical roles.
· Systems savvy, capable of identifying areas for improvement and offering solutions.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.