The IT Chief of Staff is the right hand to the SVP, Information Systems and InfoSec Security, providing leadership across countries and across disciplines to transform the organization to meet aggressive goals, achieve the challenging IT roadmap, and provide the stability necessary for the business’ disruptive strategy. This position continually surveys the landscape—strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, threats--and works with the SVP to design and implement actions to keep the organization on track with the strategy and goals. The incumbent must have strong IT technical knowledge and in-depth knowledge of the customer engagement services industry so that they can attack both crises and strategic direction, represent the SVP, and step in to fill gaps as needed.
The IT Chief of Staff is responsible for providing managerial and analytical support to IT-led projects, as guided by Information Technology, Program Management Office (PMO) standards and processes. This position leads the daily IT PMO operations to ensure effective project coordination and reporting across the entire IT department. This position closely interfaces with the IT directors, managers, project managers, and analysts over the progress of the project. The scope of work includes considerably complex projects that may span enterprise wide or facilitating segments of broad and complex, strategic projects that have organization-wide impact.
- Prioritizes areas needing attention on behalf of the SVP
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives
- Ensure the IT-IS resources/skill planning to support all projects (PMO, transition, Client) by balancing permanent staff vs contractors in all Geos to meet target delivery dates
- Ensure the proper training/certification of IT-IS staff to support new Technology, Processes and Solution/Asset deployment in sustainable operational performance excellence.
- Manage the cycle of moving resources on project to operational support and vice versa.
- From the project calendar, multiple projects at the same time develop and maintain a planning and a usage view of resources assignment
- Provides leadership and oversight to a team of project managers. Provides project teams with expertise and direction, with teams consisting of a mix of both FTE and contractor staff.
- Provides input to resource plans, budget planning and tracking. Manages team(s) to achieve target scope, schedule and cost and to ensure alignment to department and corporate strategy.
- Collaborates with varying levels of indirect reports/resources and manages through influence. Uses capabilities to influence customers, stakeholders, and project managers to properly manage divergent expectations.
- Navigates within a geographically dispersed and operationally decentralized organization leveraging a working understanding of customer, local (field), shareholder, and employee priorities to achieve varying project objectives.
- Manages and partners with the Company’s external vendors and collaborates/teams with vendor resources.
- Conducts periodic reviews to monitor milestone progress; identifies potential issues with key stakeholders and keeps IT leaders apprised of project status.
- On a regular basis, assists business owners and project managers in preparing complete and comprehensive status reviews on all project activities and issues for project sponsors and IT leaders.
- Facilitates and assists in proper articulation and communication of accurate expectations of project progress, project prioritization and project delivery timelines.
- Drives engagement forum for cross-functional dependencies; leads systemic thinking with solution architects to achieve holistic IT team collaboration.
- Partners with and guides key stakeholders with the design and implementation of key performance metrics to monitor the effectiveness of continuous improvement programs during and following implementation.
- Demonstrates and leverages strong strategic, business and financial acumen.
- Provides input to build/deliver a central competency for project delivery best practices; ensures that all IT projects are in compliance with the Concentrix Project Management Methodology and Key Controls and that accurate and timely information is collected and reported regularly on project progress and financial status.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Minimum of 12-15 years of experience with industry standard project management methodologies for IT development (SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Lean, PMBOK or ITIL a plus) (required).
- Minimum of 12 - 15 years of experience in managing enterprise level and/or multi-departmental projects to completion (required).
- Proficiency in partnering with business leaders to drive company strategies
- Deep technical IT knowledge and industry- specific experience in customer engagement services
- Excellent project management, communication, and influencing skills within a matrixed environment
- Experience leading a dynamic, complex project management office.
- Experience delivering programs/projects for Enterprise Applications in a globall firm.
- Project Management (PMP, PMI) certification or equivalent.
- Certification in leading software development Project Management Methodologies (SDLC, Waterfall, Agile)
- Extensive knowledge of project management tools such as Microsoft Project Service, SharePoint, Clarity, PPM and MS Office
- Ability to successfully develop and implement complex processes.
- Ability to lead and work effectively with a broad cross function of financial and operational employees, external clients, and vendors in driving organization change.