Concentrix Corporation – Manager - Technical Accounting
This position will oversee technical accounting matter of all Concentrix entities worldwide. The Manager - Technical accounting will be working closely with sales, operations, and legal on structuring new deals and agreements (M&A), and provides timely feedback on terms impacting revenue recognition and lease agreements. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and work with limited direction while taking full ownership of the areas of responsibility, provide solutions and alternatives. Although the role is based in Fremont, CA, there is a considerable amount of global interaction with team members in other regions. This position reports to Director of Reporting and Technical Accounting.
· Responsible for review all new accounting pronouncements that have accounting implications on the company’s operations.
· Prepares and discusses monthly and quarterly new accounting pronouncements
· Prepares and provides technical white papers on important technical issues, including revenue, leases and mergers and acquisitions.
· Takes lead in providing technical accounting guidance on mergers and acquisitions (ACS 805) including the preparation of PPA and coordination with third party valuation firms
· Provides technical accounting guidance on the new revenue recognition (ASC 606) and Leases (ASC 842) standards
· Coordinates with global controllers for proper treatment and compliance of various revenue and lease accounting transactions under US GAAP
· Provides accounting guidance on stock based compensation (ASC 718)
· Takes a lead in the preparation, implementation and monitoring of global corporate accounting policies and procedures. Updates policies based on new accounting pronouncements
· Responsible for the preparation of annual accounting memos including goodwill impairment analysis, Intangible and tangible assets impairment analysis and on other complex accounting matters
· Coordinating with corporate reporting, sales, operations, legal teams on new contracts before and after signature
· Coordinating with local teams for reporting of deferred rents, rent holidays, closure of sites, lease commitments and other lease accounting issues
· Liaising with local teams, internal auditors and external auditors for various local statutory and US GAAP compliance
· Adhoc projects and technical research
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in similar position with strong background in accounting policies and accounting standards. Public accounting experience is a must
· Solid knowledge of US GAAP
· Strong analytical skills and ability to translate technical data into operational speak and impact analysis for the business
· Strong communication skills – ability to work across region and function. Includes being able to produce technical education and training material and present this across various forums.
· Problem solving skills (ability to quickly structure, understand, solve complex issues and provide pragmatic solutions) Ability to make this thought-process and the conclusions transparent to management, and the various functional groups within the organization. This must also include the ability to spot interdependencies, risks and conflicts during the issue resolution process, to address those appropriately and to mitigate them.
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced international multi-cultural environment
· Fluent English reading and writing skills required to prepare USGAAP technical accounting memos
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong technical, and operations accounting and reporting orientation
· Exposure in large (preferably) public company
· Experience in the following accounting topics: Consolidations, Mergers & Acquisitions, Stock-based Compensation, Leases, and Revenue Recognition.
· Awareness of the standard setting process and of the FASB/IASB agenda
· Efficiently and effectively manages work, time and resources.
· Experience in SEC reporting is desirable
· Flexibility in approach to adapt to a changing environment with good stakeholder management skills is a plus
- Ability to identify areas and make recommendations for improvements in existing processes
· Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance
· CPA required