Job Title: National Service Garage Technician
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Repair and maintain all Hyundai company fleet vehicles, including employee lease vehicles, department fleet vehicles, Service department test vehicles, and new model prototypes
· Provide technical support for all Service department related vehicle quality improvement activities.
· Assist Product engineers in their investigative efforts by inspecting and installing warranty parts and test driving vehicles with warranty parts.
· Assist in performing Labor Time Studies.
· Provide preparation of vehicles for other departmental uses such as media events
· Assist in development and communication of repair solutions to Quality Engineering and Techline Assistance Center.
· Technician has authority to order parts needed Hyundai fleet and leased vehicles repaired under his care via Hyundai’s parts ordering system.
· Technician has authority to drive Hyundai leased, fleet and prototype vehicles for test and repair purposes only.
Education: High School Diploma and Automotive Vocational Program Graduate Preferred
Experience: 5-7 years of experience at an automotive dealership or repair facility as a technician or comparable years of experience as a student in an approved automotive educational program.
Skill/Knowledge: Proficient in using all shop tools, support equipment and advanced diagnostic tools. Familiarity with computer use and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs. Ability to perform basic report writing skills. ASE Certifications are a Plus.
Competency: Self Starter. Must be able to prioritize and perform tasks on multiple projects at same time.