Under minimal direction, the Creative Director acts as the primary client contact on all creative projects and is responsible for strategy development regarding projects as well as presenting and marketing of the final product to client. Additionally, the Creative Director oversees multiple creative projects and a team assigned to projects, and is responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the creative team. The Creative Director manages creative projects from concept to completion and translates marketing objectives into creative strategies. This position leads and directs the creative team in the production of marketing materials. Additionally, the Creative Director manages the relationship between clients (internal and external) and Concentrix Creative team members.
- Act as primary client contact on creative projects. Determine client objectives and develop creative solutions to meet those goals.
- Translate clients’ marketing objectives into creative strategies and direct creative team in production and implementation of projects
- Must become main knowledge source for assigned account, brand guidelines and as it relates to creative
- Manage creative projects from concept to completion.
- Present creative concepts and marketing strategies to clients and new business prospects.
- Work directly with clients to understand goals and objectives and brand guidelines.
- Prepare quotes and timelines for each creative deliverable; maintain all budgets to actual for creative projects.
- Ensure that all creative projects are completed on schedule and on budget.
- Conceive and strategize new projects to meet the needs of the customer.
- Collaborate with art directors, copywriters and production managers to develop solutions, specifications, budgets and timelines.
- Direct creative teams in implementation of creative solution & the ability to lend a hand to create concepts or finalize creative as necessary
- Must be able to act as Art Director, designing concepts from start to finish, including creating print ready files
- Motivate team members to develop innovative and cutting edge solutions for our clients
- Mentor Associate Creative Directors and Art Directors
- Interact with advertising agencies as needed.
- Other Responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year college or university required; degree in art, or design writing, marketing. 8+ years agency or marketing experience required. Must have the ability to identify additional sales opportunities and be self-directed, highly motivated and a team player.
Experience / Skill:
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) with a portfolio of your own work to support skill level a must
- Knowledgeable about print production and print technology
- Excellent written and presentation skills – must be able to articulate abstract ideas and concepts
Solid understanding of design practices such as, brand development, responsive and digital design as well as social media platforms, on-line marketing and trends.
Automotive Marketing experience a plus
Microsoft Office including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
- Leadership ability and team building skills
- Management experience a plus.
- Ability to work in teams, lead teams and manage vendors
- Good project management skills
- Excellent client-relationship building skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly and resolve issues and concerns
- Ability to communicate concepts and strategies to remote clients and co-workers
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with multiple deliverables in fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude and ability to accept constructive feedback
- Ability to foster a collaborative and creative atmosphere
Job Knowledge - Knows, understands and appropriately applies the technical /soft skills, methods and processes required for the position. Is able to learn, retain and apply information to the job. Keeps current with new and/or updated program information, trends and developments in field.
Decision Making - Exercises good judgment by making sound and well-informed decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, knowledge and experience, perceives the impact and implications of decisions, makes effective and timely decisions, is proactive and achievement oriented.
Client Focus (Internal and External) - Is dedicated to meeting and strives to exceed the needs of internal and external clients by delivering high quality services. Acts with clients in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with clients and gains their trust and respect. Communicates with clients in a warm, helpful and professional manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
Creativity - Develops creative ways to use existing technologies, processes or services, able to develop unique and novel solutions to challenges, uses creativity to develop new ideas, presents information in an attention-getting and interesting manner
Communication (Verbal and/or Written) - Able to clearly present information through the spoken and/or written word, influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances, listens well, able to write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
Problem Solving - Systematically breaks apart complex problems and identifies the underlying causes. Identifies trends and sees causes and consequences. Generates a variety of alternative techniques or methods to resolve issues and/or solve problems.
Quality Orientation - The ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly, paying attention to the details of job responsibilities. Produces a minimum amount of errors while completing work. Able to recognize errors in work in progress and make necessary real time corrections. Accurately checks processes and tasks and monitors the results of delegated tasks, assignments and projects.
Relationship Management - Consciously working to build rapport to create a common ground through networking and establishing friendly relations with others. Focusing actions to continuously build business partnerships.
Results Orientation - The ability to achieve high goals and/or standards. The degree of commitment to achieving measurable results by goal setting and implementing effective work methods. Is determined, ambitious and entrepreneurial, and has a ready ability to seize new opportunities.
Strategic Thinking / Business Acumen - The ability to evaluate current products, services and operational methods against a changing marketplace. Understands the impact of business decisions. Formulates effective strategies consistent with the corporate plans and global economy.
Teamwork - The ability to work effectively with others to generate a positive, productive and informed work environment. Is united in the collective purpose.