MANAGER OF DIGITAL, CREATIVE SERVICES
The Manager of Creative Digital Services will be responsible for the oversight and management of the Digital Creative team, as well as the implementation of digital initiatives including front-end client/consumer facing touch points such as email, landing pages, eNewsletter and digital and social media marketing. This position will directly manage a team responsible for developing and implementing digital client campaigns. Position will ensure creative work be aligned with client’s protocol, corporate and business unit objectives. This role will cost-effectively manage Creative Services functions including all vendor negotiations as they relate to digital services, as well as web site development and ongoing enhancements, etc. Provide on-time delivery and follow-through of all Creative output while maintaining profitability/budget goals.
- Work closely with Creative Directors, Writers and Art Directors.
- Manage a team of digital creative talents (Front- End Developers and Digital Designers); maintains project calendar to facilitate prioritization and resource allocations
- Ability to weigh meeting timelines and budgets against technical decisions
- Develop strong understanding of our different target audiences and best reach methods to maximize effectiveness.
- Provide leadership and direction to digital creative team members with regard to digital strategy, emerging platforms, training, project prioritization, including identifying goals, KPI's, timelines and strategic alignment with campaigns and initiatives, in addition to general team initiatives
- Support all regions with digital planning and development, i.e. consultation of plans and strategies, budget recommendations, distribution of final plans from other regions and sharing of assets, plans and strategies
- Establishes and monitors metrics to track performance, establishes cadence for review, assesses and reports on external trends and competitors and recommends strategies to improve and optimize; suggests revisions to the strategy and budget based on analysis and ensures corrective actions are implemented and tracked, as necessary
- Tracks trends and metrics; recommends adjustments to media plans and strategies where appropriate
- Research and report on industry trends in online marketing
- Create, manage and track marketing campaigns.
- Continually monitor, analyze and tune campaigns to maximize ROI.
- Provide leadership and oversight to multiple teams; help develop team members giving them opportunities to excel. Fosters teamwork while driving productivity.
- Responsible for team training, development and performance management.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand and exchange about product, plans and presentations. Continuously manage relationships.
- Other Responsibilities as assigned
Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) from an accredited four-year college or university required; degree in art, communications design, marketing or writing. 4-6 years agency or marketing experience required. Must have the ability to identify additional sales opportunities and be self-directed and highly motivated.
Experience / Skill:
years of managing a creative team required. Addition skills required include:
Familiarity with design applications such as Flash, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
Understanding of web standards and best practices - including cross-browser compatibility for landing pages and QA testing of various email clients (especially issues with MSO and Outlook 365)
Knowledge of landing page optimization to drive conversion metrics
- Excellent written and presentation skills – must be able to articulate abstract ideas and concepts
- A creative, fast learner with the ability to adapt to new situations and environments
- An organized self-starter who can work independently, execute quickly, move to the next task and follow through while managing a team of junior campaign managers
- Leadership ability and team building skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent client-relationship building skills
- Ability to problem solve quickly and resolve issues and concerns
- Ability to communicate to remote clients and co-workers
- Microsoft Office including: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook
Specific Technology Skills:
- Web design, including knowledge and use of:
Framework such as Bootstrap
Familiarity with Litmus and Browserstack programs
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel for managing data and performing quantitative analysis
Creativity—Develops creative ways to use existing technologies, processes or services, able to develop unique and novel solutions to challenges, uses creativity to develop new ideas, presents information in an attention-getting and interesting manner
Customer Focus (Internal and External)—Dedicated to meeting and strives to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality services. Acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect. Communicates with customers in a warm, helpful and professional manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
Decision Making—Exercises good judgment by making sound and well-informed decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, knowledge and experience, perceives the impact and implications of decisions, makes effective and timely decisions, is proactive and achievement oriented.
Developing Others—Recognizes and monitors employee and departmental growth and performance. Identifies and addresses staff training needs. Exercises coaching skills for improving performance and resolving personnel issues.
Leadership—Inspires, motivates, and guides others toward goal accomplishment. Consistently develops and sustains cooperative working relationships. Encourages and facilitates cooperation within the organization and with customer groups; fosters commitment, team spirit, pride and trust. Skilled at building rapport.
Organization and Planning—Anticipates needs, determines priorities and establishes the appropriate courses of action, set goals. Monitors performance towards goals and makes adjustments, as necessary, to facilitate goal attainment. Able to organize/schedule people or tasks, develops actions plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resources availability.
Strategic Thinking / Business Acumen—Able to evaluate current products, services and operational methods against a changing marketplace. Understands the impact of business decisions. Formulates effective strategies consistent with the corporate plans and global economy.
Teamwork—Able to work effectively with others to generate a positive, productive and informed work environment. Is united in the collective purpose.