This is a site-specific workforce management position responsible for monitoring intra-day work volume (calls and work time). Ensures client/customer goals are met by analyzing work volume variances to forecast and re-forecasting as necessary to adjust the staffing levels. Allocates new staffing requirements to the business units and monitors continuously to ensure that goals are being met. Reporting to the Site specific Workforce Team Manager, this role will interface directly with the Workforce Scheduler to provide direction on staffing adjustments and will also interface with Team Leaders, Team Managers and Operation Managers. Communicates with other functional departments when outages/equipment failures occur to ensure action plans are timely to minimize disruption to the contact centre. Will re-direct calls/agents as required. Activities will be conducted within the framework of a Service Level Agreement between the business unit and the workforce management team.
- Monitors call routing and flow real time
- Conducts real-time analysis of all metrics for multiple Lines of Business - Forecast Variances,
- Service level targets, AHT target variances, Occupancy targets, Staffing requirements, etc.
Approves all real-time offline activities (training, meetings, coaching, etc)
- Identifies course of action or makes recommendations relating to staffing deviations (Extended Hours/VTO, Schedule Adjustments, Skill Switches/Leveraging)
- Monitors intra-day call and work volume as compared to forecast
- Monitors real time activities related to staffing
- Trouble-shoots real-time technology issues
- Reporting (Staffing Amendments, Scorecard Stats, Daily UABS/Shrinkage numbers, Over/under updates, etc)
- Monitors agent adherence/compliance to schedule and escalates to Team leader for investigation.
- Ensure all required data is tracked and trended on a continuous basis
- Re-allocates changes in staffing levels
- Makes recommendations and routing changes based on observations
- Interface with business unit management as needed for escalation of service-impacting issues
- Manages special conditions within the framework of an Emergency Action Plan (i.e. Fire, Power failures, etc.)
- Analyzes schedule efficiency measurements as well as key indicators such as service level, for continuous improvement
What we are looking for:
- Education/Knowledge: High School Graduation or equivalent; Knowledge of MS Office and spreadsheet; Knowledge of general scheduling practices.
- Experience / Skill: 1 - 2 years’ experience working in a Call Center Environment; Clear understanding of basic workforce management principles.
- Proficiency in Excel & Word, Nice to have IEX experience
- Communication (Verbal and/or Written) - Able to clearly present information through the spoken and/or written word, influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstances, listens well, able to write clearly in a variety of communication settings and styles.
- Customer Focus (Internal and External) - Is dedicated to meeting and strives to exceed the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality services. Acts with customers in mind, establishes and maintains effective relationship with customers and gains their trust and respect. Communicates with customers in a warm, helpful and professional manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- Job Knowledge - Knows, understands and appropriately applies the technical /soft skills, methods and processes required for the position. Is able to learn, retain and apply information to the job. Keeps current with new and/or updated program information, trends and developments in field.
- Problem Solving - Systematically breaks apart complex problems and identifies the underlying causes. Identifies trends and sees causes and consequences. Generates a variety of alternative techniques or methods to resolve issues and/or solve problems.
- Quality Orientation - The ability to complete work accurately and thoroughly, paying attention to the details of job responsibilities. Produces a minimum amount of errors while completing.